people were assisted across the Goulburn, Yass and Eurobodalla services
phone and face-to-face interactions with clients this year
young people can be assisted through the Our Place service at any one time
Homelessness Support Service (Eurobodalla, Goulburn and Yass)
Anglicare’s Homelessness Support Service is a service offered in Eurobodalla (Moruya), Goulburn and Yass for families and individuals aged 25years and older who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless. The service aims to;
- Provide practical support to people and families who are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless
- Assist people in obtaining housing that caters for client needs, whether that be emergency housing, short-term or long-term
- Provide early-intervention support by helping at-risk clients maintain independent housing
- Provide outreach support to vulnerable people by increasing life skills, independence and developing community networks and relationships
- Complete client registrations with Housing NSW, including applications for priority housing or applications for private rentals
- Offer advocacy on behalf of clients to services such as Community Housing Tenancy Service, Community Health Services and the Women’s Refuge and Youth Refuge
The Goulburn Homelessness Support Service also includes a specialist service that provides crisis refuge housing.
Homeless Youth Assistance Program (Riverina)
The Homeless Youth Assistance Program (HYAP) assists children and young people between 12-15years who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
HYAP works to provide support for children and young people to;
- Have safe accommodation and integrated support while working with the aim of reunifying families
- Rebuild family and cultural connections to work towards family reconciliation
- Successfully transition to independence
- Engage with education, training or employment
- Access mainstream health, mental health and wellbeing services
- Engage with the broad community to support their successful transition to independence
The HYAP program is delivered as part of the Specialist Homelessness Service (SHS) model in the NSW Southern Region and is funded by the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS).
Riverina Community Housing Project
The Community Housing Project is a five-unit transitional housing complex that caters for clients receiving support from Anglicare’s crisis accommodation services. The Project helps clients move towards independent living whilst still receiving required transitional support from Anglicare. It enables clients to establish a rental history and helps move them towards positive life outcomes.